Booking Terms & Conditions By booking with The Black Onyx Group, you agree to the following terms and conditions
- The Black Onyx Group, LLC, (or any of its affiliated entities) acts as a travel agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of numerous transport and accommodation service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators and hotels.
- The Black Onyx Group's obligations to you are to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and the travel service providers.
- We have no responsibility for these services, nor do we have the authority to make any warranty or representation regarding their standard. A request cannot be guaranteed.
- All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by these service providers.
- You understand that your legal recourse is against the specific provider not The Black Onyx Group, LLC.
- We always do our best to make sure your arrangements are satisfactory. However, we cannot accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, tort or otherwise for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of these service providers, over whom we have no direct or indirect control.
- Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased travel arrangements. We are not liable for any consequential loss or damage.
- We do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part.
- We cannot control and will not be responsible for bodily injury, property or other damage or loss caused by factors beyond our control, including but not limited to flight delays, airline turbulence, transportation accidents, war, terrorism, weather, quarantine, sickness, government restrictions, regulations or actions, mechanical breakdowns, acts of God, fires, earthquakes, floods, climatic aberrations, acts of civil unrest, strikes, riots, theft, disease, pandemics, epidemics or accidents, or failures related to the public internet, telecommunications lines or facilities, or third party technology systems, other unforeseen circumstances, or any other cause beyond our control, including your physical, medical or mental disabilities, your failure to obtain valid travel documents or your failure to follow travel instructions. Under no circumstances shall The Black Onyx Group, LLC be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing
- You will be required to pay a deposit or deposits when booking. Your consultant will advise you of how much that will be. All deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations.
- All individuals departing from the United States of America must be in possession of a valid passport. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid travel documentation, including but not limited to passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility.
- It should be noted that documents issued are non-transferable. Such documents may include but are not limited to, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider.
- Such documents may also be subject to conditions such as, but not limited to, being nonrefundable, non-date-changeable, and subject to cancellation or amendment fees.
Payment & Credit Card Transactions
- If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the provider, and not against The Black Onyx Group, LLC, and in the event that payment has been made to The Black Onyx Group, LLC. by credit card, you agree that you will not seek to charge back your payment to The Black Onyx Group LLC.
- A 3.5% processing fee is applied to all credit card and 2.1% on all ACH transactions. These fees are subject to change by the merchant account provider.
- If the credit card is declined, you guarantee that you will settle any amounts owing to The Black Onyx Group, LLC via money order or cash immediately.
- We reserve the right to vary published fares in the event of fluctuations in the exchange rate or price increases made by service providers.
- All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
Taxes and Baggage Fees
- Baggage allowance and restrictions will apply on all airlines. These will vary, and you should contact the airline you are traveling for the specific restrictions. Some airlines may charge fees for checked baggage.
- Cancelled bookings will incur charges. These charges can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced.
- Where we incur any liability for a cancellation fee or charge for any booking which you cancel, you agree to indemnify us for that fee or charge.
- It is strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance through Travel Guard to cover your travel investment. Insurance is provided through our Partner Extreme Travel.
Health and Special Requirements
- Please advise your consultant of any special requirements you may have, for example, special meals, medical requirements and so on.
Refusal of Service
- Service providers reserve the right to refuse service to travelers for the following reasons: The traveler:
- Lacks proper documentation for the country of destination
- Has a contagious disease
- Is under the influence of alcohol, drugs or narcotics
- Manifests disruptive and/or unruly behavior